So two years and one month later, my blog has a birthday. On every birthday or anniversary I like to reflect, evaluate and assess the year before. What have I learned? What have I gained? I saw a quote by Oprah Winfrey today that said, "No experience is ever wasted. Everything has meaning." I so agree with that. But the real key is LEARNING from those experiences. So let's look back....
I've definitely written fewer posts this year. A lot of that is because I've stopped my photo a day projects. I would post nearly every day when I was taking photos. Now I post two or three times a month which is pretty typical for most bloggers.
The posts I have made have been more quality posts and almost like a re-count of my life. An open diary, if you will, for all to see and read. That's okay. I wouldn't post anything I didn't want you to see or read.
The views have been less but I think that's only because I haven't been posting as much. Those two things usually go hand and hand. Also, you must share your posts in order for people to know there's something new out there to read (unless you are a follower, that is), and I've cut back on sharing.
What have I learned?
- I don't miss my photo project. It became cumbersome and time consuming. The fun was no longer there. I'm glad that I stopped. No regrets.
- I prefer quality over quantity. Always have, but it's been reinforced.
- I now know the appropriate amount of information to share.
What have I gained?
- I have prioritized my activities. I know which activities I should focus on and which ones should just fade away.
- I'm more present. I'm not constantly thinking about the photo prompt of the day and how I will incorporate it into a blog post. I'm not a blogger professional after all. I do have another job.
- I've gained a LOT of knowledge about myself.
So I'll continue with this blog and post once or twice a month about my life. Mostly for me, but also so my children can go back and read the things that Mom liked to write about. I think the amount of information they will learn and subsequently gain from this blog is priceless. And because of that, I'll keep posting.
Happy Birthday, Blog! Here's to another great year.