Monday, December 17, 2012

On the Floor

I don't always step on a Lego, but when I do.... I cry for like 20 minutes.



OhMyGoodness that smarts. If you are a parent, you know exactly what I'm talking about. Or even if you're not, you may have memories of that agony from your childhood. Those darn little Legos.

I don't want to complain about the Lego too much though. They provided hours of entertainment and child-parent bonding for me and my kids. They would get out their little instruction booklets and construct masterpieces that would be displayed for weeks. Many times they would build whatever their little minds could create. That's the great part about Legos. And they still play with them today.

However they also strike a deep fear into my organized heart. I tried ziplocks, color coded boxes, and containers galore. But all of my collective OCD tendencies couldn't save all of the Lego pieces. I remember one occasion when a piece went missing. The world came to an end and all happiness ceased. The Star Wars X-Wing fighter was completely useless if it didn't have all of its parts. Useless! And replacement parts just would not do. "The instructions have a white piece, Mommy. I can't use GREEN!!!"

But that agony is nothing compared to the pain one feels in the middle of the night while stumbling to the bathroom and your bare foot comes into contact with a Lego brick.


Yep. It feels exactly like that. So, my dear readers, better check what's on the floor before retiring. I hope you never step on a Lego.

2 comments:

  1. There's pain. And then there's cat barf, for those middle of the night trips to the bathroom.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...