Friday, December 14, 2012

Marinated Green Beans

I found this recipe for Marinated Green Beans on Pinterest (love that site) and altered it just slightly. I'm not a huge fan of green beans unless they are sweet. And everything is better with bacon! So this recipe is a definite winner for me.... bacony sweet yumminess. It makes a great side dish for any meal, and the leftovers are divine.


Ingredients
4 (14 oz) cans of green beans
1/2 cup of melted butter
1/4 cup of brown sugar
6 tsp of soy sauce
garlic powder
pepper to taste
a little chopped onion
6 strips of cooked bacon

Directions
Place green beans in a 13 x 9 inch casserole dish. I used canned green beans, but you could probably use frozen. Fresh green beans would be amazing! Sprinkle a little chopped onion over the green beans. And by a little, I mean whatever your family prefers. My kids will turn up their nose if they SEE any onion, so I don't add much. I add onion simply for flavor, so chop whatever you please (by the way, I don't measure a lot of my ingredients). In a bowl, whisk together the melted butter, brown sugar, and soy sauce. Pour the sauce over the green beans and mix to coat. Sprinkle the dish with garlic powder and pepper. Again, I don't really measure this. I just sprinkle until it "looks good." Marinate your beans overnight or for at least 4 hours.

When you are ready to cook your beans, preheat the oven to 350 degrees. While your oven is heating, cook  the bacon. Make sure it isn't really crispy or it will get over done in the oven. You could probably just lay it on top of  the beans uncooked, but I'm afraid that would make the beans too greasy. So I cook mine first and then break it into large pieces over the beans. Adding more bacon would not be a bad idea either.

Bake for 30 minutes and enjoy! Soooo good.



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...