Monday, July 22, 2013

My Travels of July

I predicted a very busy July and well.... I was correct! It's been a very busy few weeks, and it isn't over yet.

But will you look at all the fun I had?!?

First there was the July 4th holiday. Aren't you glad our founding father's declared our Independence in July and not February?!? I mean, nothing says America like blowing stuff up and kicking back with a cold one. The holiday would take on a whole new meaning if it were celebrated in the winter months.


And then I spent a long week in Washington, D.C. Longest week of meetings that I've had in a while, but the food.... oh my, the food!!!


I ate at some wonderful restaurants. That totally made up for it. The above picture is a Scallop Margarita from Ris - lime marinated scallops with tequila ice. It's one of their signature dishes, and it was delicious!

And then Vegas, baby! I had a couple of presentations to do at a national conference, and my husband went along with me. We played, I worked, and then we played some more. We had a blast. We stayed at the very nice ARIA hotel which was right on the strip. My favorite part was watching the fountains at the Bellagio.


We also went through Red Rock Canyon. It was beautiful!!! Very hot - over 100 degrees hot - but well worth it. Look at that view....


I have to say I'm ready to sloooooow down. I'm totally off my exercise routine (not good) and in fact, I'm not in any kind of routine at all. Priority one! Must have a routine. The kids are away with their grandparents this week, so that's what I'll be concentrating on. Relaxing and getting back into a routine. Time to get focused.

Summer is almost over. Better squeeze in some last minute fun while it lasts! I hope it's been a good one for you.

Cheri


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...