Sunday, August 5, 2012

day 5. logo

Simple. Elegant. Legendary. 

A logo that is identified as much by color as it is by name. This particular shade of robin egg blue is unmistakably Tiffany's and is a registered trademark by the company. The custom color is designated by Pantone as number 1837, the same as the year the company was founded. 

"... the only thing that does any good is to jump in a cab and go to Tiffany's."
- Holly Golightly, Breakfast at Tiffany's

It was a thrill to receive a piece of jewelry from Tiffany's. As I was opening my gift, I thought of Audrey, Marilyn, New York, glamour and style. My sterling silver necklace is rarely worn by me, but it's still one of my favorite pieces of jewelry. 

Or maybe it's the box....

There is something special about that little blue box. I have read that Tiffany's must make special arrangements to dispose of their trash because people will rummage through their garbage. People want the box more than what's inside. The packaging is as covetable as its contents. And that is what makes it a very impressive logo.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...