Friday, April 19, 2019

Eating the FASTer Way

Hello, Friends!

I'm so excited that y'all are interested in learning more about the FASTer Way To Fat Loss! I have been on the program 9 weeks, and I'm still seeing results. I think this is the healthiest I've ever felt (at least in a very long time). I wore a pair of jeans today that I thought would work fine, but by the end of the day... they are just too big for me.... it's a good problem to have!

This post is going to focus on the most popular question... what do you EAT?!? And in fact, if you sign up for the program with my link, I will give you my food diary for FREE. No need to reach out and contact me for it. After you sign up, I will receive your email address and will send it to you when your round begins. Use this link to sign up....


For now, I'll give you a basic breakdown of the way we eat on the program. 

What is Macro Tracking?

The program recommends downloading My Fitness Pal to track your macros. What are macros? This stands for macronutrients - i.e. proteins, carbohydrates and fats. These are the building blocks of food! The program explains how to set your macro ratios to meet your specific needs and goals. Typically, we start at 50% carbs, 20% protein, and 30% fat. My Fitness Pal makes it super easy to log your food and count your grams. We focus on the gram totals and less on the calories. If you just count calories and eat clean, you may be overeating on carbs or undereating on fats. So count your macros, friends!

We also focus on whole food nutrition. The program saying is "if it had a mother or can be grown, it is a whole food." Whole foods have more micronutrients - these include vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and other bioactive compounds that are good for you. And whole foods are generally higher in fiber which keeps you feeling full. It's also great for your digestive system. Now, I do eat peanut butter and salad dressing... But in very small quantities. 

Here's a sample food log from me:

Break - my - fast:  overnight oats with almond milk, raisins, and a pinch of cinnamon
Lunch: salad with chickpeas, carrots, peas, hard boiled egg, salmon, walnuts and vinaigrette dressing
Snack: apple with peanut butter
Dinner: grilled chicken, brown/wild rice, steamed broccoli

I'll fill in missing carbs with fruit, missing fats with olives or avocado, or missing protein with hard boiled eggs or jerky. It takes a little while to figure out the right food combinations, but now it's getting to be second nature. Progress over perfection!!

The next round begins May 6.  Please comment with any questions you have!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...