Thursday, June 28, 2012

Perfectly Imperfect


Today I saw the above graphic on Pinterest.  It's a quote from Magical Thinking: True Stories by Augusten Burroughs.  I haven't read the book.  I just looked up the quote (Googled it, in fact) because I wanted to know who said it.  I like to know the who behind the what. Sometimes it gives the quote more meaning, or some cases less meaning, when you know who said it. Didn't change my mind this time. 

Random thought: I'd like to read his book Running with Scissors.

When I first read the quote, I pointed directly to myself and agreed wholeheartedly.  I am absolutely flawed, yet my intentions are good. Most of the time. I try to keep a person's best interest in mind when making my decisions.  I may make the wrong choice, but that's only because I'm flawed.  

Choices. Good intentions. Flaws. 

In light of today's political events, I felt compelled to post this graphic as a reminder....

We are all perfectly imperfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...