Tuesday, December 3, 2013

New Tunes Tuesday - Christmas Edition Week 1

It's back! New Tunes Tuesday has been noticeably absent for a few weeks, and I apologize for that. But quite honestly, I haven't really felt a strong urge to review new music. But never fear, it's back for my favorite Christmas Edition series. For the four weeks leading up to Christmas, I'll review some of my favorite Christmas music.

This week I'm going to talk about Pentatonix - PTXmas (Deluxe Version). I fell in love with this group on the singing competition show, The Sing-Off, which is an a capella group competition. Pentatonix won season three. And by the way... the new season of The Sing-Off premieres on December 9th on NBC (don't miss it!).

First of all, their talent is amazing. Only five voices (and one is usually providing the percussion) yet they sound like a full orchestra. And they have this unique style and ability to twist and turn a song into their very own while still keeping the integrity of the song. I was very excited to hear that they put their creativity into Christmas music.

You may have already heard one of their songs that has gone viral on social media.


Amazing, right? The album is only 8 tracks long, but each one is just as amazing as the first. Carol of the Bells is definitely a jaw-dropping favorite of mine. The chorus is definitely the highlight. The "trumpet" solo in The Christmas Song is perfect and simply awesome. I've heard many versions of This Christmas and this one might be my favorite. The smooth beat and out of this world harmonies just simply make me smile.

And since I've run out of adjectives to describe this album, you should just click play and listen for yourselves. I'm going to head on over to iTunes and buy it right now! I think you will too.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...