Wednesday, January 1, 2014

New Tunes Tuesday - Favorite 5 Albums of 2013

I've got two words for you.... Girl Power! This year I'm happy to say that 2013 belonged to the women of country music. Four of my favorite five albums were either made by a female star, female group or female lead singer. That's exciting to see! With the airwaves dominated by male stars, I'm hoping we'll see a turn toward the more feminine side in 2014.

And I know I'm a day late with this post... it's clearly Wednesday, but what the heck! That was my 2013 story... always running behind. I hope to be more on track in 2014.

So here's my list! You can read my review of each album by clicking on the album title.

5. Same Trailer Different Park by Kacey Musgraves:  She won the Country Music Association's New Artist of the year and this album was nominated for Album of the Year. She has stirred up controversy, but that's what makes her cool. She's also been nominated for four Grammy's! She's definitely an up and coming star.

4. Annie Up by Pistol Annies:  An all girl trio made up of Miranda Lambert, Ashley Monroe and Angaleena Presley. This album peaked at #2 on the country charts and contains some of my favorite songs of the year. They also appear on my next favorite album....

3. Based On A True Story by Blake Shelton:  The only male in my list belongs to the highly successful Blake Shelton. This is his 8th album and most sincere to date. It reached the number 1 spot on the US Billboard Top Country Albums with three very successful singles. His fourth single, Doin' What She Likes, will be released on January 6th.

2. Pioneer by The Band Perry:  Definitely the most creative and entertaining album of my list. It also reached number 1 on the US Billboard Top Country Albums. No sophomore slump for this trio! I expect big things from them in the future.

1. Like A Rose by Ashley Monroe:  This album is the most traditional sounding country album and that's why it's my number 1 choice. She's one-third Pistol Annie and 100% a true artist. She co-wrote on every song. The only thing wrong with this album is that it's not long enough. However, it's the perfect example of how sometimes less is more.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...