Monday, May 6, 2013

05.06.13 Broken

On the outside, it looks like a normal rock. But break it open... that's where the real treasure lies.


Geodes remind me that real beauty lies not in the physical appearance, but in the heart. It is what's inside that really counts. That's where the real person is. You've heard the sayings... "Don't judge a book by its cover." "Beauty is only skin deep." But it's true. A person can appear more attractive after you've gotten to know them. I hope that I have stayed true to that definition as well.

What I have learned about my heart in my adulthood, however, is how I handle pressure. Sometimes you don't know your true self until you've been knocked down, stressed to the max and have reached your breaking point. 

Do you know what you get when you squeeze a lemon? You get what's inside. We only know that what's inside a lemon is lemon juice because we've squeezed a lemon before. 

I admit I haven't always been a beautiful person when I've been squeezed. I've yelled, sought revenge, and have become really stubborn. But I'm thankful for those experiences. They have taught me valuable lessons about myself and others. I can recognize when I'm being squeezed and can choose a different response. But as is the same with the geode... that process can take time and requires patience.

What would someone get if they squeezed you? How do you handle pressure?



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...