Tuesday, June 11, 2013

06.11.13 Something Funny

I immediately thought of movies and gathered a few for today's photo.


I also love lists. So I thought to myself... why not make a list of my top ten funniest movies of all time?

10. Space Balls - Gotta love Mel Brooks. And as a huge fan of Star Wars and other sci-fi movies, I love this parody.  

9. Dodge Ball - Who doesn't love a good underdog story? And this one is superbly funny. Pure satirical entertainment.

8. Ferris Bueller's Day Off - Big fan of John Hughes, and it's fun to watch an awesome scheme falling right into place. Every kid wanted to be Ferris or date Ferris. And I love the life philosophy presented in the movie, "Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you might miss it." 

7. Office Space - The scene with them destroying the printer is awesome. How many times have you wanted to do that? 

6. Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me - Yeah, baby! I like the second movie in the series the best. Maybe just for Mini-Me. And Fat Bastard... "Get in my belly!"

5. Elf - Yes, I have to include a "Christmas" movie because I can view this holiday movie any time during the year. Will Ferrell is hysterical as Buddy. Smiling is my favorite too, and this one definitely makes me smile!

4. Dumb and Dumber - I own this movie on VHS. Remember those? I really need to upgrade to the DVD because this is a comedic classic for me. Jim Carrey is naturally funny, but Jeff Daniels is as equally funny in this movie. The characters may be dumb, but the movie is pure genius.

3. Happy Gilmore - I was surprised to learn I don't have this movie on DVD! I really thought I did. Golf has never been more interesting or funnier. Adam Sandler is one of my all time favorite comedians. My favorite quote... "The price is wrong, bitch!"

2. The Hangover - Yes, it is vulgar, but you have to respect the comedic approach of this movie. I never laughed harder. Zach Galifianakis is brilliant, and Bradley Cooper is in it (enough said).

1. Monty Python and the Holy Grail - it is the holy grail of funny movies for me. Too many funny quotes to mention. Just watch it, and you'll see what I mean.


What do you think of the list? Agree? Disagree? 
Sound off in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...