Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Day 15. Ordinary Moment

I have to be honest. I wasn't really excited about today's photo prompt. Ordinary? Who wants to be ordinary? I sure don't.

Then I started thinking of all of life's "ordinary" moments. There are a lot of them. Could I capture these moments to make them more interesting? Sounds like a good photography challenge. So today, I give you "A Day in the Life of Me." The challenge I gave myself was to spot photo opportunities, discover new angles, and find beauty in the ordinary moments of life. I set a rule. I told myself I would take a photo every 2 to 3 hours to document my day.

One thing I should note, today isn't a typical day for me. I am traveling on a business trip, so some of these ordinary moments aren't every day moments (but that's what makes it fun, right?). OK, here's how it went....

6:45 A.M. Breakfast - coffee is a given, but today I had a little extra time and made an egg sandwich. Yummy.


8:45 A.M. Dropped off my daughter at school. Don't always get to do this, so this was a special moment for us this morning.


10:35 A.M. Checked the weather for Phoenix (upper 60's! Nice!) and packed my suitcase.

12:15 P.M. Took the dog for a walk (she was not impressed), and then I left for the airport.

2:45 P.M. Arrived at the airport. And waited....


4:45ish In flight I went over my presentations and read my book "And She Was." It's going to be a good one.



6:45 P.M. Checked into my hotel and relaxed a bit before meeting my friends for dinner.

And that's where the picture taking stopped. I got really wrapped up in conversation with my friends whom I don't see but maybe once a year.... But I was happy to be living in those moments and not distracted. 

I found that documenting your life for a day is kind of difficult! I will definitely give it a go on another day when I'm not traveling. And today's a brand new day full of wonderful moments in lovely Arizona. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...