Tuesday, January 1, 2013

New Tunes Tuesday - Top 5 Albums From 2012

I started reviewing albums here on my blog because I love music. I don't claim to be an expert, I just really enjoy good music. Especially really good country music! So with a new year beginning today, I thought I would take a look back at the albums released in 2012 and list my top 5. 

5. "J. T. Hodges" - J. T. Hodges: The self-titled album by this newcomer is story-telling at its best. Songs like "Sleepy Little Town" and "Hunt You Down" are full of catchy lyrics and sing-a-long choruses. It's one album I played over and over again. Read my review here.

4. "Night Train" - Jason Aldean:  It's a supercharged album from one of my favorite country artists. His songs about life in a small town always resonate with me, but he has two ballads on this album, "Talk" and "Drink One For Me," that are among his best. I predicted a standout track on my review"The Only Way I Know," and it is currently tearing up the airwaves. This is a great country album that has pleased many fans.

3. "Love and Theft" - Love and Theft: The best songs are told in a simple way, and that is basically this whole album. Great lyrics with pop production makes this album one of the best. "Angel Eyes" is one of my favorite songs and a top hit of the year. 

2. "Uncaged" - Zac Brown Band: The third release from this incredible band continues to push the limits. There is a reggae track and an R&B song that don't pretend to be country. And then there are few all-out bluegrass jams. I really enjoy their ballads. "Good-Bye In Her Eyes" is by far my favorite song they've ever recorded. It's a fun-filled album from some of the best musicians in the country.

1. "Up All Night" - Kip Moore: My favorite album of the year is one I missed reviewing on my blog since it was released in April. However, I did see him in concert with Eric Church and also at the CMA Music Fest in Nashville. After I heard him live, I was hooked! His song "Somethin' 'Bout A Truck" was overplayed on the airwaves, but I didn't mind one bit. It's so catchy and honest and soooo country. There are many other true to life songs on this album that are just as good as his platinum-selling single.


3 comments:

  1. Uh, where is Dwight Yoakum - 3 Pears or Reverend Peyton's Big Damn Band - Between the Ditches? hmmm? Head has got to get you these records

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...