Thursday, January 3, 2013

Day 3. Heart

A good day starts with a healthy breakfast. I like oatmeal because you can add things to it to improve or change the flavor. I will add fruit and nuts to mine. Very tasty and very filling!



The originator of Photo a Day is a very caring person. She wrote this post on her Facebook page:
Starting this year for photo a day, I've decided to include a charity prompt each month. It will create awareness for a particular charity each month.
Prompt number 3 is heart and this is for Heart Lung Transplant Trust. You can find out more about them here: http://www.hlttv.org.au/ 
Make sure you pop over to the Medicare site and sign up to the national organ donor register. I know it's not fun, but you could save lives. {Alternatively, if you're not in Australia - update your donor details with your national register}.
She has thousands of followers all over the world, so this is a great thing to do to create awareness for different charities.

I made the decision long ago to donate my organs. I've seen the educational value of a donation like this where I work (School of Medicine), so the choice for me was easy. So I have to ask, are you an organ donor? If you are not and would like to sign up, click here if you live in the United States.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...