Thursday, January 3, 2013

Day 3. Heart

A good day starts with a healthy breakfast. I like oatmeal because you can add things to it to improve or change the flavor. I will add fruit and nuts to mine. Very tasty and very filling!



The originator of Photo a Day is a very caring person. She wrote this post on her Facebook page:
Starting this year for photo a day, I've decided to include a charity prompt each month. It will create awareness for a particular charity each month.
Prompt number 3 is heart and this is for Heart Lung Transplant Trust. You can find out more about them here: http://www.hlttv.org.au/ 
Make sure you pop over to the Medicare site and sign up to the national organ donor register. I know it's not fun, but you could save lives. {Alternatively, if you're not in Australia - update your donor details with your national register}.
She has thousands of followers all over the world, so this is a great thing to do to create awareness for different charities.

I made the decision long ago to donate my organs. I've seen the educational value of a donation like this where I work (School of Medicine), so the choice for me was easy. So I have to ask, are you an organ donor? If you are not and would like to sign up, click here if you live in the United States.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...