Friday, January 25, 2013

Day 25. Landscape

We all have that place, that iconic spot, that landmark in our lives that when we see this place it transports us back in time. When you see it, you are there again. Reliving every moment, every memory, every sound, smell and sight experienced at that place.

Today I went back to one of those places from my college days. A well known spot in Columbia that is simply known as The Big Tree. That's right, folks. I spent my lunch hour at McBaine.

All roads lead to...

As soon as arrived I remembered late nights, laughter and beer. Lots and lots of beer. This tree holds so many memories for so many people.


It's majestic, isn't it? The might Bur Oak is over 350 years old. Think of all of the memories this tree has! All of the history surrounding this tree. It is truly an area treasure.


This tree is also near a trail head to the Katy Trail - another historic landmark of this area.This is the Perche Creek bridge on the trail.


I really enjoyed my walk down memory lane. I will be back.



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...