Sunday, August 19, 2012

day 19. hole

Today's word made me think of the sound hole in an acoustic guitar. 


I love folk and acoustic music. It is pure, simple, and really focuses on the talents of the artists. Do you remember MTV Unplugged? I loved that show. It was a musical phenomenon in the '90's. Hits were recreated on that series, and I think a renewed interest for this type of music was generated. Some of my favorite artists, like Indigo Girls and R.E.M., had strong acoustic influences. 

For your listening pleasure, I have put together a Spotify playlist of some of my favorite acoustic performances of today. It's a small sampling of just ten songs, but each one holds a special meaning to me. I've included performances by Howie Day, Jason Mraz, Katy Perry, John Mayer, and more. Enjoy!

Do you have a favorite acoustic performance?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...