Monday, August 27, 2012

day 27. tap


Yes, that's a beer tap in the wall. My wall. It's in my basement.

We installed this tap in our basement when we first moved into the house. On the other side of the wall the line connects to a kegerator (a modified refrigerator that dispenses beer). Once upon a time Boulevard Wheat would flow freely through this line. It was definitely cheaper by the glass to buy keg beer and way more convenient. No bottles to throw away. No cans to recycle. Fewer trips to the store for more beer.

But it could be a pain too. Purchasing the right sized keg (slim keg) was at times a challenge. Cleaning the line was a big chore. Keeping everything in working order so our beer tasted the way it should was a big job. 

So now the kegerator is simply a beer fridge stocked with a wide variety of craft beers.

Variety is good, but I do miss pouring myself and our guests a beer from the tap in our wall. I mean, it's just cool to hear "pour me a beer from the tap in your wall!" I'm betting that the kegerator will live again one day. Until that time, I'll reach for a cold beer on the other side of the wall.

Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...