Sunday, August 12, 2012

last weekend of summer

Summer is quickly coming to a close. The kids will go back to school on Thursday. So how did we spend the last weekend of the summer???

At the LAKE!!!

The weather was a welcomed change! It was so chilly Saturday morning that you could see steam rising off the lake. It made a beautiful sunrise.



The weather was just perfect. The sun was bright and warm but not too hot. We spent the rest of the afternoon on the dock. I got a new high-speed camera app on my phone called Fast Burst that can take 30 photos per second. I had to try it out while the boys flipped into the water.



That evening we made a fire, drank some beverages, listened to some good music and made some s'mores. Life doesn't get much better than that.



Sunday morning there was a light rain falling. It was so peaceful! I enjoyed my coffee and breakfast out on the deck listening to the rain on the lake. Hadn't heard that sound in a long time. It's been a very hot and dry summer, but this weekend gives me hope that fall is right around the corner. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...