Monday, August 20, 2012

day 20. today

Exciting time of year! Today was the first day of classes at Mizzou. About 6500 new faces walked around campus today searching for their classes (I helped three of the lost freshmen). I remember my first day at Mizzou. My very first college class was English 20 in Crowder Hall at 8:40 a.m. You know, they no longer start classes on the "40." I never understood why they did that in the first place. I hated having 7:40 classes. Hated it. Now the earliest class is at 8:00 a.m. That makes a lot more sense.

So I was expecting a huge lecture hall for my first class, but it was just a small classroom of about 25 students. I was slightly relieved because I am from a small town where everyone knows your name and your parents and what you had for dinner the night before. But at the same time... I'm attending the largest University in the state. Shouldn't there be more students than this?

Didn't take long! Later that same day at 12:40 p.m. I walked into Townsend Auditorium (which is now The Reflector) for my Psychology class with about 200 other students. That's about the size of my entire high school. And we included grades 7 and 8! I thought to myself... "Wow... now this is college."

I was finally lost in the crowd. I loved my days at Mizzou.


What are some of your first memories of school?


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...