Monday, December 31, 2012

My Favorites from Photo a Day 2012

I have had the best time participating in the Fat Mum Slim Photo A Day Challenge. I am so thankful for the challenge for a number of reasons. It has given me a creative outlet. It has inspired me to start this blog. I've met some amazing people in my Photo a Day group on Facebook. And I have taken more pictures than ever before. Because of that, I have captured some fantastic moments in my life.

Here are my favorites from this year.

June 15 "Yellow": I chose this photo because this is the photo that started it all. I found the monthly challenge list on Pinterest, thought it sounded interesting, encouraged a couple of friends to join me.... and the rest, as they say, is history.

June 29 "Soft": This is my favorite photo from June. I experimented with the tilt shift on Instagram and loved how it turned out. I also love the expression on my daughter's face.

July 1 "Self-Portrait": We had a string of very hot days in July, so I took my self-portrait from the reflection of my oven. This is also the first blog post I made with Photo a Day.

July 4 "Fun": July 4th is always a fun time at the lake. I captured my nephew doing a flip in the air with a huge smile on his face. This picture represents everything "fun" about summer and the lake.

July 7 "Garden": I took this picture at my friends' house. We were there for a pool party on one of the hottest days of the year! Seeing this picture makes me think of good memories on a fun day.

July 15 "Finger": Cool photo, and I like my blog post that goes along with this photo.

July 25 "Heart": My first black and white photo for Photo a Day. I love this necklace and the whole look of the photograph. Definitely a favorite.

July 28 "Cup": This cup and this day will hold a lot of meaning for me for the rest of my life.

August 10 "Ring": I love everything about this photo.

August 13 "Simple": Not the official photo of the day, but it was included on my blog post for the day. Again, I was experimenting with tilt shift and just loved how it turned out.

August 29 "Down": Perspective, abstract, black and white, taken on Mizzou's campus... all of my favorite things in one photo.

September 15 "First Thing You See": I had fun with the focus and meaning behind this photo prompt. Definitely a favorite of mine.

October 22 "In Your Town": Ah... Mizzou in the fall. My favorite time of year, and campus is just gorgeous. I love, love, love this photo.

November 11 "Night": I love the lines and composition of this photo. And it's a different take on the topic.

December 4 "Black and White": My favorite topic... black and white. I darkened the photo to accentuate the lines. I will always treasure this photo of my little dog, Skyler. She loves her sun beams.

And there you have it. My favorite Photo a Day photos taken in 2012. Wow, July was a memorable month, huh? It was a jammed packed roller coaster of a month for sure. And since I got a late start in the year, this is only 7 months worth of pictures. I'm really looking forward to posting a picture a day for a full year in 2013. So stay tuned! Many more photos to come.

I can't wait to see what 2013 will bring.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...