Monday, December 31, 2012

Self Portrait and Self Reflection

Here we are. It's the last day of 2012.

Self Portrait
I can't help but reflect back as the year comes to a close. I believe you have to know where you have been to understand where you are going. So where have I been?

I've been building friendships, strengthening relationships, growing professionally, and maintaining physically. Those are the positives for this year.

But from where I sit, there have been some negatives as well. So I will use those negatives as building blocks. The new year is a great time to set goals and reflect on the changes we need and should make in our lives. For 2013, I resolve to...
  • Spend less and save more
  • Watch TV less and read more
  • Eat less and exercise more
  • Complain less and love more
I think we can always save more, can't we? And with this looming fiscal cliff we're about to fall over, it's more important than ever. I have set a new monthly savings goal for myself. I encourage you to do the same. 

I will choose a new book each month to read. I was an avid reader for a while and just stopped. Nothing seemed to interest me, but then again, I didn't really try to find a new book either. I also plan to read my Bible more. You can never read that book too much.

The holidays have not been kind to me, and I have not been disciplined with my exercise routine. I turned 40 this year and can see that it is even harder now to maintain my ideal weight. So, I have set a goal to improve my 5K racing time. I will run a new race every 8-10 weeks to keep me motivated starting with St. Patrick's Day.

And finally, I believe in the power of positive thinking. We are what we THINK. Keep thinking positively and positive things will come your way.

Here's to the new year and new beginnings. Have a safe and happy new year!


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...