Monday, October 29, 2012

Photo a Day 29. Moon


The pull string on my daughter's bedside lamp is a crescent moon.

The moon is full and brilliant right now, but I wasn't even going to attempt to take a photo of it. When I do it always looks like a million watt bulb. I don't have the proper lens or camera... or patience... for that. So, this is my photo of the day. If you are curious on how to properly photograph the moon, I found a site with some great tips and wonderful moon photos.

I did take a nice photo of the moon this summer at the lake. It was taken with my phone camera on the "night" setting. The reflections on the water are very peaceful. I also recall that I was on the dock with my Dad listening to music and drinking a few beers. So for me, this photo isn't about the million watt bulb moon. It's about connecting the memory of that night. 

And isn't that one of the main reasons why we take pictures? 

Dad... I love you to the moon and back.



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...