Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Photo a Day 23. The View From Here

Let's take a walk down memory lane...

Overlooking Kentucky Boulevard from Maryland Avenue Garage

I walked through this intersection many times as a Mizzou student. I used to live in the tan dormitory, Jones Hall, that you see on the left in this photo. I lived on the 9th floor of Jones Hall when I was a freshman at Mizzou. I'll never forget moving in day... the elevators weren't working properly. That's a lot of stairs, my friends! And hot! It was a really hot day in August. Jones Hall was NOT air conditioned in 1990, kids. My room faced the other direction towards the football field. I remember hearing Marching Mizzou practice earrrrly in the morning during football season. And sometimes I would occasionally hear the life flight helicopter taking patients to University Hospital.

On the right side of this photo you can see some of Greek Town. The Evans Scholars house is in full view on the corner. Just behind that is Kappa Alpha Theta, Farmhouse, and Phi Mu which was Lambda Chi Alpha when I was in school. Sigma Phi Epsilon is on the corner. You can also see the tree line of Providence Road in the distance. If you turn right and head north on Providence Road, you'll reach Alpha Phi. That's the house that I called home for many years.

And now I work near the hospital at the MU School of Medicine just steps away from where I lived here on campus. Here's the view of the Medical Sciences Building from the same parking garage.


Funny how life works out that way, isn't it?

So I guess you could say I take a walk down memory lane every day on my way to work. And that's pretty cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...