Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Photo a Day 30. Clothes

Picked up my dry cleaning today.

I know that is totally fascinating, right? Maybe not at first glance. Not all photos are spectacular. Some just have a story to tell or are a snapshot in time. That's what this is. Just a hard working American earning a living and providing a service that is needed.


I'm sure she has a lot of stories to tell. Think of all the people she meets and comes in contact with as they pick up and drop off their laundry... the hurried, the rushed, the calm, the quiet, and the down right ugly. I'm a talker though. So I asked her how her day was. Chatted about the weather. She was very pleasant and patient as I searched my purse for my debit card. She complimented me on the blouse I was wearing. She didn't have to do that, but she did. And that's why I keep returning. The people that work here are always warm and friendly, plus they do a good job.

I don't really understand why some people are hateful to one another. The words you say and how you act can really leave an imprint on a person. The reverse is true too. Your smile and compliments can put a bounce in a person's step. Turn their bad day into a wonderful day. Everybody likes to be noticed. It just feels good, right?

What kind of imprint did you leave today?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...