Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Happy Founders' Day!

I know one of the best decisions I made while in college at Mizzou was pledging Alpha Phi sorority. I made long lasting friendships with my sisters in Alpha Phi. No matter the distance, no matter the time spent between communications, I know they will always be there. And I'll be there for them.

It's amazing when I meet someone, say I'm an Alpha Phi, and then find out they are too. I feel an instant bond and connection. We know the same songs. We know the names of the 10 founders (well, almost). We wear the same crest, and we both love the silver and bourdeaux. We also share an affinity for teddy bears.

More than that, I also learned leadership, service, scholarship, and loyalty. I learned to value the past but look forward to the future. I was encouraged to reach my full potential. And I became a strong and more confident woman. This is what it means to be part of a sisterhood. Alpha Phi will always be my home away from home.

Happy 140th Founders' Day, Alpha Phi!


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...