Tuesday, October 23, 2012

New Tunes Tuesday - The Script

The Irish trio, The Script, produces songs from real life experiences that one can relate to. I really enjoyed their self-titled album and fell in love with Science & Faith; therefore, I have been really looking forward to their latest release aptly named #3.

Fans of The Script know that the lead singer, Danny O'Donoghue, has this niche with rapping. And it's not Eminem rapping. It's more like OneRepublic or even a Jason Mraz scat-style. So it didn't surprise me at all that they collaborated with will. i. am. from Black Eyed Peas. He's featured in their first single, Hall of Fame, a Rocky-type anthem with a good message.

What works well for them though are the ballads. This is where the song-writing really excels. Six Degrees of Separation is absolutely brilliant. It's a song that takes you through all of the stages of a break up: anger, sadness, despair, false hope, regret and finally admittance. It's a bona fide hit. If You Could See Me Now is an emotional, heartfelt song about missing a parent. "I'm tryna make you proud / Do everything you did  / I hope you're up there with God / Saying that's my kid." Glowing is a sparkling song about forgiveness and holding on. "No I'm never givin' up 'til my heart stops beatin' / Never lettin' go 'til my lungs stop breathing / I will follow you and we'll both go missin'." 

Other notable songs include Kaleidoscope that reminds me of U2 all the way to the guitar rifts. This song will be a definite concert crowd pleaser. The yearning and incredibly romantic No Words is extremely sweet and catchy. He could talk about any and all topics known to man, but words escape him when he thinks of the love of his life... "There are no words to describe or define what’s inside you, your feeling, your vibe / Believe me I’ve tried to break you down to a science / (I) See you in my mind and I open my mouth and it’s silence."

#3 as a title provides three things... music for your head, heart and feet. It's a must have for any fan of The Script.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...