Monday, October 15, 2012

Photo a Day 15. Dinnertime

It's time for dinner! And last night was my favorite... Mexican food! Fajitas and bean salad with a cold beer to wash it down. Fantastic!


I have to admit. Dinnertime during the week is usually rushed at my house. I wish we had more time to sit around the table, talk about our day, and enjoy the meal together.

Or maybe it's that we just don't make the time.

Maybe that is typical with most families? I have really good intentions of gathering everyone for the evening meal, but in reality... we're eating in shifts or in front of the television. Some nights we're running to soccer practice, or basketball, or doing errands. Still that's no excuse. Sunday evening was family dinner time at my house growing up because the week day was so busy. I haven't made Sunday evening a priority around the table at my house. I'm not proud of this at all. The kids will only get older and time with them shorter. It's time to make a change.

Many times this photo a day challenge has proven to be therapeutic for me. And here it is again. Today's prompt has forced me to evaluate my dinner time practices. We need more family in our dinner time.

How about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...