Monday, November 19, 2012

Something Awesome

Okay... I'm stumped. Awesome? What should my photo of the day be? So I do what every thinking person does these days. I turn to Google. I decide to look up the definition of awesome to maybe spark an idea. Here is what I found:
  1. Extremely impressive or daunting; inspiring great admiration, apprehension, or fear.
  2. Extremely good; excellent.
And then I had one of those A-HA! moments. It really didn't take very long. I immediately thought of one thing that can satisfy both parts of the definition - something daunting that inspires fear yet extremely good and excellent....

Parenting!!!

If you are a parent, I think you will agree with me. The job certainly inspires great fear. The fear for me began when I found out I was carrying a tiny life inside of me. This little developing person was 100% dependent upon me for its own survival. That's pretty scary. You start second guessing every decision you make. And that fear and second guessing never goes away. I feel helpless when they are sick and paralyzed when they go missing (even for just a short while). I feel like I have superpowers one minute but feel completely incompetent the next. Parenting is tough!

But it is also inspiring. I am inspired by my parenting friends. We lean on each other for advice. We comfort one another when we are at our wit's end. And we understand when the other needs a break. Becoming a parent has also inspired in me a great admiration towards my own parents. I have an all new respect for them now.

Becoming a parent is the most difficult yet most rewarding thing any person could ever be. It is extremely good and excellent. To be called Mom is truly something awesome.


LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...