Friday, September 28, 2012

day 28. A Good Thing


Music. 

It's a curious thing when all of those strange squiggly lines come together to create something beautiful. I love a good song that hits me right in the heart and makes me really feel. When the lyrics and music come together to fit the moment, nothing compares to that. 

Even though I love this quote, I have to disagree a little bit with Mr. Marley. I have felt pain with music. Music is like a time machine to me. It can transport me to another place and time. Songs have defined moments, relationships, and events in my life. And unfortunately, not all of those memories are pain free. 

Still, music can be very therapeutic. It can help me work through the pain and move on. When I can't find the right words to say, there is usually a good line from a song to help me out.

I couldn't imagine a world without music. I have music playing nearly all of the time. Think of Jaws without the "bah-dah bah-dah," or a silent ballet, the beginning of Star Wars without the orchestra, or the absence of the national anthem at a sporting event. How empty our lives would be.

Without music... the world would just be flat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...