Friday, September 7, 2012

day 7. Natural

I love this topic. I have a Geology degree, so naturally (pun intended) I thought of the natural sciences when I read it. So, I headed out to Rock Bridge Memorial State Park to take some photos for today!

Natural Rock Bridge

around the park

natural beauty

In this hurried up world in an age of technology, I have to make a conscious effort to slow down... live in the moment. Enjoy life. See the beauty of nature that surrounds me. Not just look at it... really see it. Think about how it makes me feel and marvel in the wonder of it all. 

I really try hard to spend a few moments each day in complete silence. I'll admit it is difficult in my busy life, and those opportunities don't come around very often. So, when I went to the park to take these photos, I was thrilled - ecstatic! - to realize I was utterly and completely alone. I could hear the wind whistling through the trees and the squirrels scurrying about. My footsteps seemed really loud at times, and I almost felt like I was intruding. But it was so... peaceful. 

A real gift.

I hope these photos can transport you to my nature hike and encourage you to find some peace in your own life. You won't regret it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...