Saturday, September 22, 2012

Nutella Rolls

I don't normally blog about food. So when I decide to post about the food I've been eating, it's gotta be good, right?

You betcha.

Nutella could quite possibly be the best food ever invented.... hazelnut spread with skim milk and cocoa. Pure awesome sauce. We all love to spread it on toast in the morning. I have also been known to put a little in my coffee (oh yeah, that's really tasty).

I also love cinnamon rolls. I tried a short cut cinnamon roll not too long ago with crescent rolls. They turned out pretty tasty, but the filling was lacking substance. This morning I found the answer... Nutella!



These were so easy and taste so good. I bought the giant crescent rolls - it said "big and flaky" on the package. I'm sure you could use the smaller size also, but why not go large? Spread the Nutella in a thick layer on the roll and then roll it up. Bake them in the oven according to the package. Seriously, that's it! Incredibly easy.

I then drizzled a powdered sugar/milk/vanilla icing over the top. Don't ask me the measurements because I always just eyeball it until it looks and tastes right... just how Grandma taught me. I may use cream cheese instead of milk next time in the icing.

With a side of bacon and an egg.... that will get your day off to the right start.

Please pass the coffee.



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...