Sunday, September 2, 2012

day 2. Father

My Father
The creator of the Photo a Day challenge, Fat Mum Slim, lives in Australia, and today it is Father's Day there. So the photo topic is quite appropriate considering that.

That's my father. Wasn't he handsome? I'm guessing he was in his early to mid twenties in this picture. He eventually became an Army drill sergeant during Vietnam. 

Today my dad is retired, living at the lake with my mom, still handsome, and a great grandpa. I love to sit on his back deck, sing along to music, drink a few beers and watch the boats go by. I also enjoy watching the Kansas City Chiefs or Mizzou Tigers with him. He definitely influenced my love for sports. 

Yeah... the apple doesn't fall far from the tree, as they say. I'm a lot like my dad. And I wouldn't change a thing. Love you, Daddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...