Monday, September 17, 2012

day 17. In Your Fridge

Today's photo a day prompt is "in your fridge." As I said a couple of days ago, my favorite time of year is fall. I love everything about fall... nature's color show, the warm days and cool nights, football and of course... Pumpkin Ale!

And as it turns out, I have some in my fridge...



If you like pumpkin pie and beer, then Schlafly Pumpkin Ale is one to try. You can really taste the cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves in every sip without it being overdone. The sweetness and maltiness of this beer is balanced very well. I have noticed there are quite a few pumpkin ales on the market today, and I haven't tried them all, but Schlafly Pumpkin Ale is my favorite of those I have tried. A friend of mine suggested a pumpkin ale tasting party. I'm really liking that idea more and more. I'll let you know if it happens.

I received a tip from one of my followers on Untappd when I "checked-in" to this beer. Untappd is a very cool app that allows you to socially share the beers you are enjoying, as well as where you are enjoying them, with your friends. The tip was to rim the glass with cinnamon and sugar. Fabulous tip! I highly recommend you give it a try. It offers a little extra sweetness. And download Untappd! Great app for discovering new beers to enjoy... and helpful tips.

Oh, and one final tip from me, pumpkin ales are better enjoyed at room temperature. Cold is the enemy of sweetness in a beer. The spices really blossom as a beer like this warms.

Cheers, everyone! Here's to fall and pumpkin ale in my glass!


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...