Friday, July 13, 2012

day 12. texture

Traveled to Washington, D. C. this week for a meeting. I love traveling but hate airports. Maybe I just hate waiting. I can be pretty impatient at times. Waiting, crowds, delays, no outlet to charge my phone... all things beyond my control.

Yeah, I hate airports.

While I was waiting in the security line, however, I snapped this photo of the wall at Ronald Reagan International Airport. I thought it described the photo a day prompt "texture" perfectly.

textured wall

Traveling provides a lot of opportunities to learn patience. While I'm waiting, I try to take a look around, find the positive in every situation, and let go of the things I have no control over. The only thing you truly have control over in any situation is your own attitude

It's easy to forget that...especially in an airport...or on an airplane when you are sitting in the middle seat between a very large woman who doesn't smell real nice and keeps bumping your arm and invading your space (and seat! she had to lift the arm rest to fit) while she is playing her Sudoku game and on the other side  is someone who keeps snoring in your direction and has awful bad breath. I mean really, do you offer them a mint?

Oh yes, the opportunities to learn patience are endless while traveling.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...